Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Craft Warehouse Design Team Assignment 1

For our first DT assignment we were given one of the new lines from the new company Authentique.  I received "Blissful", the yellow line.  This would have been the last color pallet I would have selected so I'm glad it's what I got as it was more of a challenge.  We also received coordinating die cut pieces and stickers from the line and ribbon from American Crafts.

Assignment 1.1 - 12 x 12 layout, using multiple pattern paper, ribbon, some of each embellishment provided and must include one paper alteration technique. 






I began thinking my paper alteration technique was going to be fussy cutting flowers out of one of the pattern papers.  However, I wasn't liking the results and ended up creating a ribbon type flower using strips of pattern paper.  I did use one fussy cut flower with the two postage stamp icons on the bottom left.  One of the nice things that Authentique offers is the backside of their die cuts have a coordinating pattern on the back so you can use the front or the backside, which I've used here. 

Assignment 1.2 - Create a Card or Tag using at least two of the pattern papers, two embellishments and the unity stamp provided.

I chose to create a pocket card because I thought it would showcase the papers well.  I used black cardstock to create the base.  I stamped the bird stamp on the gray and yellow papers and cut around the scallop on the yellow and around the circle on the gray. I used to of the die cut icons one on the outside and one for the sentiment on the inside.



Assignment 1.3 - Create a layout using several papers, Tattered Angels glimmer mist and resist chipboard.






For this layout I started  by glimmer misting the entire 12 x 12 piece of resist chipboard.  Loved the look until I went to use it with the paper.  I don't own a lot of dies to die cut the cb so I tried tearing a piece.  It started to bend and crease when I started to tear it so I ended tearing and crumbling it to give it a distressed look.  I didn't like the mustard seed glimmer misted chipboard with my paper choices so I ended up running my black VersaFine ink pad over the top.  The result, a subtle hint of glimmer through the black ink.  Love the look.

Thanks for looking.

~ Michelle ~

No comments:

Post a Comment