Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Take Flight Layout

One of the biggest challenges I get are the kits we get for the scrapbook challenge at the Salem, OR Craft Warehouse scrapbook club.  Why you might ask?  Well, you are given a handful of product to create a layout with.  You must use a portion of each item somehow on the layout.  For me the challenge isn't so much using a piece of everything, but more of how to make the most of the little bit we've been given. 

For August's challenge my kit contained a 12 x 12 piece of lime green cardstock, a 6 x 12, 4 x 6 & a thin strip of patterened paper from Echo Park's Eclectic line, some bakers twine and a paper clip with a bow on it. 

Fortunately a portion of the paper had hot air balloons on it and I imediately knew I wanted to create a layout using a photo of a hot air balloon that I had taken from my backyard. 

Here's what I came up with.


I added the pink and orange & white cardstock, the transparency, the thickers, and two additional colors of baker's twine.  The paper clip is holding the white piece of cardstock that has the journaling tucked in the pocket. And I used the baker's twine on a few of the balloons that I fussy cut from the paper.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking ~ Michelle ~

No comments:

Post a Comment