Saturday, April 20, 2013

Quilt Mother's Day Card

Good morning!  I wanted to share an idea for a Mother's day card before I head off for day 2 of a 3 day murder mystery crop I'm attending.  The paper I used for this card is from My Mind's Eye's, Lost and Found collection.  I love the pretty feminine colors of this paper and the bits of sparkle it has.


 
To make the card, make your base from cardstock.  Next trim all those little squares, I used a paper trimmer, and they can be any size, depending on how many squares you want and the size card.  This would be a great project for a square punch if you owned one.  I trimmed a piece of cardstock for the base of the quilt so it would be slightly larger than the quilt and adhered all the squares to the base.  Then I used a piece of plastic canvas to create a pattern and mark the zig zag pattern.  It's all handstitched with embroidery floss.  Then trim a couple larger squares, one slightly smaller than the other, layer and attach to card with pop up adhesive.
 
That's it.  Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for looking ~ Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment