Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Halloween Wall Hanging

 
I recently came across this cute unfinished wood wall hanging that says Happy Halloween.  For five bucks I couldn't pass it up as I knew it would be perfect for some of my Halloween Zappy Dots.  I also found some fun Halloween paper from Doodlebug Designs that work perfectly with the Zappy Dots.
 

I painted the edges and base with black acrylic paint before covering with this fun chevron paper.

 
Here are close ups of all the Zappy Dots used from the Too Cute To Spook flair button set.
 

Love this ghost / Boo Flair button.


A fun curly cue pumpkin!  The sign is larger than 12 x 12 so I covered one side with the patterned paper and then lined up a second sheet so the patterns matched as best as possible. 


In real life I have a huge fear of spiders, but this guy is super cute!
 

And Halloween would not be complete without a black cat.  How cute is that heart shaped nose.
 
After I adhered the paper I cut around the excess paper with a craft knife, you could also trace an outline and cut it out before you adhere it.
 
Supply list
 
Unfinished wood Happy Halloween
Black acrylic paint
Black ink
Patterned Paper
Ribbon
 
Zappy Dots used
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment